Saturday, July 26, 2014

ASPEN

Sending me
to music camp
the stars are alive
by drenching rain
and I have a string
theory and violin
lesson tomorrow
then solfege class
though safe conduct codes
I still camp it up
with my roommate
listening to contrapuntal Bach
watching Sergei
in his blue Russian blouse
wanting to look
in his long suffering eyes
at the right window
as the light
and rain flashes through
notes of your new symphony
you compose
and dedicate to me
laughing from fatigue
playing ping pong
at the twilight table
for we have no answers
to summer voices
as a feral cat crept by us
up from his newspaper bed
feeding him
like clockwork
by an old saint's calendar
bloodshot in eyes and arm
of unelected sleep
removing the stigmas
of our past
menaced by 3 D glasses
left at the T.V. screen
with moveable voices
watching black and blue
movies on my flat abdomen
with crossword puzzles
waiting for us
on the weightless scale
of justice
for two young prodigies.






No comments:

Post a Comment