Sunday, December 20, 2015

SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD
(One act play)

Rochelle
Gary
Jesus Nava
the Hollywood reporter


A melee of people outside a movie theater in L.A.

R. Was that a shot that came from the movie theater or only a car tire, from firecrackers of July

Fourth or a homicidal suicidal bomber?

G. You never know these days, Rochelle.

R. I thought the Sixties gave us a thoughts for freedom and power for more people but this new

regime of thought control here has a denial of free speech and is akin to fascism.

G. But until we know who shot whom and what for and the media speaks we must be quiet.

R. But we were so outspoken before.

G.We can't even dream or make love without a speech code

or get married without a politically correct contract. Before there were no controlled words now

words are like silver and gold but we didn't know how lucky we were before.

R. Be careful I saw the Hollywood reporter coming by. The one who said XY the rapper singer

was gay and lost his job. He told me we support gay rights but no one we know no one in

Hollywood is gay.

G. Not if they lose their job for it.

R. What hypocrites.

G. It's always about who is affected.

R. And I loved Hollywood.

G. That's before.

R.They turn their back on us now if we deviate in any way from their ruling opinion.

J. I am Jesus Nava and I want you at my birthday celebration. I'm sprinkling you with stars of

joy. Rochelle you tried to be in many plays and movies but due to your injuries you did not make

it to the auditions. Now any time you go to a movie take these stars and you will be in any movie

of your choice, or even on any television show and Gary you will be the director as well.

R. How do we get into the movie?

J. Just sprinkle these stars and which ever part you want is available to you.

The couple go the movie. Afterwards people are lined up seeking their autographs.

J. See I told you. Here is the Hollywood reporter, folks.The Hollywood reporter is even wearing

holly for my birthday. I see you've come out to celebrate my birthday.

Reporter- Happy birthday, one and all.







No comments:

Post a Comment