Monday, February 22, 2016

PROJECTION

Dr. Jacobson- psychiatrist
Linda-writer

L. I keep writing lines of the future and they frighten me.

J. Isn't that what writers do?

L. It's disintegrating me from my life.

J. Who is the main character?

L. A hero who is normal but not too terribly formal.

J. Where is the text?

L. In my pocket book which I left on my train of thought in the underground.

J. Is that what is disturbing you?

L. It's turning me into a figure of pure imagination.

J. You feel lost in your manuscript?

L. Just lost and out of date. I guess my state of mind is out of whack.

J. Did my pills help.

L. I temporarily relax, get tired and fall asleep.

J. Arn't you able to lighten up?

L. No, Dr. Jacobson. You think you were a tryst, not a psychiatrist.

J. I  got your streaming messages when you won that Paris literary prize. Can you update me.

L. I'm no character witness nor are you.

J. Why be divisive in our session's conclusion.

L. A surprise ending.

Suddenly Linda collapses after she shoots herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment