Friday, June 10, 2016

FALMOUTH VISIT

A striking wind moves and lifts
me under my black umbrella
with the black sun shined sea
on the rays of a sandy blanket
at Silver Beach in Falmouth
childhood returns today
still wet in my bathing suit
near the Child's river bed
searching for rocks and shells
after a brief cognac
unwinding near weeds and shed
when along Buzzards Bay
recollecting on the untold swings
over a dawn of church bells
a French artiste is drawing
on a canvas bench
mimosa flower designs
delivering them
over the green way
in my summer neighborhood
I'm playing a sonata of Bach
on my flute by a chimera
with my own added cadenza
then briefly on winter's
once rested anchored kayak
watching boat - tailed grackles,
as blackbird red wings fall off
the leafs of maple trees
while on vacation fly fishing
watch a school
of humpback whales
who communicate
on the Atlantic
to sing and compose
for each other
for more than an hour
then we may deposit
my verse vision
at the wonder
of a day's wild roses
near the back wood lake
by night's defenseless nests
as good sister
Elizabeth and Yvonne
from Paris and Lyon parishes
reach for their cameras
a jazz poet poses in the light
hearing his breathless riffs
and they understood the ease
of all of nature's
spiritual guests
who awake
at my Falmouth visit
to please us with insight.





No comments:

Post a Comment