Friday, September 30, 2016

EVERYWHERE IS RAIN

Everywhere is rain
in Vermont
even the Autumn wind
careened on my boat
anchored up here
or a winter's repast
near  a contested breeze
between the sky and earth
by the shore's tall dunes
playing my Spanish guitar
my aunt is still asleep
among our Evergreens
after gathering blueberries
as the silent dawn leaves us
makes a gesture for a poem
in a my walled in vacation spot
the Persian cat rumples
the rock garden
by whistling song birds
with my old camera
shooting my favorite Elm
I'm taking my bicycle
to drink the mineral water
by  the wells spring
near the Fall's
laugh- talking foliage
near the recently mowed grass
as I go for a morning run
into a half mile marathon
for a children's sports charity
and buy a fresh croissant.

No comments:

Post a Comment