Saturday, November 5, 2016

AN UNEASY SLEEP

An uneasy sleep
up in improper Vermont
with a deep dream
of ice fishing
hearing my aunt's
copper pans on the stove
making croissants
in her Bread and Breakfast
no one can stop her
chafing at the bit
to help her nephew poet
in her determined attitude
so fast in her tracks
as she gets out her food
also to the hungry multitude
who line up in her pantry
while all I want
is my poetry to get perfected
in adverb and noun
to reflect my sanguine nature
of a Beatitude
in town and city
to have God
crown us in shadows
of a country road
as I with calm ease
rake and take
my fallen leaves away
turned by now all crimson
on this Fall day
amid the wonders of sound
from birds ,squirrels and bees
who drink from the fountain
and all over the Maple trees
yet by the canyon
of the Green Mountains
I write out my verse
in an Autumn dawn
in my own language
by nature's colorful leafage
in the underground's universe.




No comments:

Post a Comment