Wednesday, September 9, 2015

ESCAPE

Place -Dr. Mamalian's office
Jacobi
Time, 1968

M. What brings you to a psychiatrist, Jacobi

J. My history. I was the only survivor of genocide as a family hid me during the war.

M. I can relate.

J. On the plane ride to New York City a lady stared at me with such hatred. I thought only

    victims were on that plane. Later I saw that woman in Central Park who told me to remove

    my shoes from the bench. My kind was not wanted.

M. You must have been terrified.

J. I graduated N.Y.U. and soon joined the Justice Department and through the files relocated

   this woman and filed charges since she was a Nazi; they were unable to send her back. What

    would she have become, a munitions maker in a factory or a Stasi spy.

M. Sometimes we cannot escape our history or our destiny or D.N. A.

J. I marched with Dr. King in Washington, D.C.

M. Are you happy?

J. I hunt for fascists in my daily nightmares.

M. Your war is not over.

J. Maybe I should join the security forces all over the world.

M. Where is security young man?

J. That's why I am here.

M. Me too. I hope, Jacobi you will find out. Please keep in touch and let me know.

   The end.










No comments:

Post a Comment