Sunday, March 29, 2015

EVEN IF

Even if no one reads us
this day
here or at the bookstore
my fans and friends
are only one step away,
for a unique reality to enjoy
my hemisphere of words
they are assured of a welcome
with the honor of my decor,
as a former stage
and art director,
that in my unique
metaphoric, once historic world
there are at least four star actors
spending time by paging me
to suspend reality
if only for tonight.

It seems to be O.K.
even in this  small softened
day dream
of a drama's verse,
we may still fall in love
with a Shakespearean star
in a critically traded universe
that our poetry will live on
despite it all we are
who we are,
you even may doubt
that the Romantic writer
is on an ageless search for love
as in the comic  film
"A Coffee in Berlin"
with everyone our enemy
above all we cannot win
with daddy,even a shrink
cannot censor or begin to think
of the irony of our words
from our body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment