Friday, August 12, 2016

THE MEDIA

Today the media in 1990
wants to control
our thought with kickbacks
I'm keen to cry out to God
about all of fascism's corruption
done by extortion
in the political opportunism
at theatrical realms
so a poet wanders in tourist packs
into an Italian baroque church
hoping my soul
is still intact from what I see
in the theater of life
as city fireworks
suddenly go off in Rome
and here I am far from home
waiting to be interviewed
by a local reporter
about my one act play
off off Broadway
about the movie industry
when I worked for Uncle Sonny
in the publicity department
of his film studio in West L.A.,
as Gino a muscle bound hunk
tells me in the gym he wishes
to be carefree and gay
after being an extra
in ''8 and a Half"
laughs at all my jokes
never missing a chance
to cruise by the Mediterranean
with a Manichean personality
of the pagan Caesars
hoping because of my uncle
to line him up to be a television host
as a comedian in a job with the stars.









No comments:

Post a Comment