Saturday, January 7, 2017

RALPH HUMPHREY'S ART
(1932-1990)

Reading an art catalog
of Ralph Humphery
accompanying me
on the plane
enjoying the shadowy gritty
dialogue of "South Orange"
an his "Windows"
I'm on the snowy ledge
amid the high sky turbulence
that knocked someone
down on the floor
hidden
enjoying 'Wentworth 0ne"
his "Convergence 4"
remembering his love
like me for Matisse
as I viewed
his serious wedge paintings
others in brown casein
with a decided observance
of reading about him
in a curious art book
taking a new look
partly with a needled
new knowledge
derived at the Denees gallery
on his "Day Glo" series
running in monochrome
still live on a journey
here far from home
I survived my snowy ride
watching his "Christmas Story"
in a polygonal space
with vital musical tones
hearing traces of Coltrane
from my classical radio
by Humphrey drawings
like"Thin Edge".






No comments:

Post a Comment