Saturday, August 1, 2015

BEFORE IT RAINS

By the corner florist
and Frisco grocery
near the park bench
and train station
my ears ring like a bluebird
before it rains today
locked in my doorway
it's looking like the Flood
after Creation
over my prudent proctor's gear
containing French poetry
near the Spanish guitar
in a padded case
the darkness drapes over me
covering over the rejection letter
sent from "Variety"
of the five star of the actress
Priscilla in my company
takes marijuana next door
asking for a life's word
from the theosophy doctor
to channel a prophecy for her
in a metamorphosis of mercy
trying forget my neighbor's
suitor and traitorous lover
Spencer,an Australian actor
in the same play"Charity Place"
who betrayed her
on her own T.V. Soap Opera
being "In the Know"
with a grieving travesty
of believing her great hopes
as a drama queen
every day being a calamity
wishing to pull a lever of power
from her own high society
Priscilla, always secure
by the hallways in her red flannel
loaning her venue to my student
before a deflowered vanity case
by Nina her tiny spaniel
in her bourgeois dressing room
while concentrating on his verse
vanishes in the mirror
after her saying "Yes"
and Spencer disappears
cursing at her boudoir
implicating himself
in his own fears
of consenting
at the cellar door.



No comments:

Post a Comment