Thursday, December 1, 2016

CORNELLL'S OBJECTS

Attending your exhibitions
on Saturday
after my music lessons
by twenty I knew you well
in graphic recognition
from your objects
and definitions,
Joseph Cornell,
in realization
from his variance
of chance clippings
from old French magazines
of your standing by sails
walking by benches
under the burning sun
along the sandy Seine rocks
enfolded sideways
as a kind of
shail dude walking
by a floor
and flora of stones
off the Channel at Dieppe
with your stored boxes
or from your sharing the vaults
of Perrault's fairy tales
you completed my experience
of meeting another visionary
teaching me
to understand what is contrary
about the less
tantalized phenomenon
of the crowd's opinion
is not always allowed
by these mirrors and corridors
in the proud corners
of the museum
but to stick to my own dreams
in a prolific collage
from my range in language
of my own poetic appearance
which directs me
of a startling variance
from critical appropriation
of taking a critical stance
here among your erotic zones
elusive and maladjusted
as an archetypal totality enfolds
to grotesquely embellish
as a selfishly
pirated set of bones
in this fantastic cabinet
among the crystal shoals
of these unselfishly anecdotal
picturesque scenes
of the archival romanesque
in white or black coals
of unbowed metamorphosis.









No comments:

Post a Comment