Wednesday, February 1, 2017

IMPROVISATION #102
EVERY MOMENT

Every moment
a shifting cloud
hides behind the sun
over my roof of ice
on February, the first,
two actors audition here
for the Original theater,
with my musical play in mind
based on the Underground
facts and history outlined
with protagonists of the Sixties
here in my sound proof studio
they follow a soap opera
path to my open door
as my bell rings
giving me a non formulaic effort
they dance, shuttle
hustle and sing
in an imaginary performance
persisting for over an hour
aching to offer me anything
with their facile sight reading
in wishing to bid for their parts
and actually being annoyed
letting their  less
than subtle id and ego
and superego fly
out the window
in a shame to Freud
are given minor parts
as they celebrate with a kiss
and are finally
not missing a Pyrrhic peace
if that's their end game
for which they are buoyed
to muscle in for their career
wanting at least a resume
for their college transcripts
in a night's finish of a caprice
of a panegyric knowledge
at the new beginning
of an art director's
first day and year.










No comments:

Post a Comment