Saturday, October 22, 2016

DO NOT ASK ME

Do not ask me
again to play the piano
chords of smooth jazz
here at my gig
or to recite
my disarmed poems
inhaling from my breath
getting in touch
with my four hands
as I watch the cups
of Bordeaux wine being served,
I want to play jazz riffs
all night for the muses
here in a Vermont cafe
eating cheese croissants,
outside it is raining
from a midnight storm
yet love is my fervid
warm wish hidden
in my pea jacket sleeves,
we are by the park bench
watching the full moon
wanting always to ride with you
on my motorcycle
as the red and crimson leaves
fall near the river beds
as a nearly blind snow flake
by my favorite birch tree
near the open highway
is inscribed with my initials
love's mark is on my cheek
from a misty dynamite hug
of a hide and seek malaise
this French kiss from twilight
will be at my hallways
with my poetic praise.






No comments:

Post a Comment