Wednesday, October 5, 2016

EMERGING AS HART CRANE

Emerging early from 
October's bed covers
at the bread and breakfast
concealing my eyes
at the likeness
of Hart Crane
lost in Hurricane Andrew
at sea in Florida
in this morning's half-light
knowing this face toward me
has the light of a miracle
from a sky angel fulfilling
and revealing a prophesy
of a Brazilian priest ,Adrien
saying to me, at eleven
"bz,bless the lost"
and urging me to go on
at the Cross roads of life
"that a poet has a spirit
to make it to heaven"
when a mirror of slumber
awakes my alarm clock 
and my night by the docks
spreads out ocean bird sounds
to reveal my Beat
underground words
out of darkness
into the morning glory light
soon hearing the herons
as the sea motions and roars
about the Cape's bird lovers
with a million waves sent to me
on these Fall foliage days.


No comments:

Post a Comment