Friday, January 1, 2016

A PARIS PLAY

Yvette- artist, girl friend
Robert- Play write
Gerald- Larry's brother
Linda- Gerald's girlfriend
Hank -actor plays Larry

Scene Hotel room- Paris

Y- You thought a change in scenery from New York to Paris would enable you to write.

R- Changing blocks on the arrondissement won't change my writer's block. I find it hard to live

with myself after Larry who became my discovery passed away after I made him a star and now

has faded.

Y. I know that he was more than a discovery of yours after I changed the linen on the bed.

R. He was your lover,Yvette too, but you don't want to take responsibility for any of your acts.

Y. You think you deal only with the unpredictable but Larry was your idol and your last

chance for love and what you are capable of creatively. Yet you want him chained to your

beds of memory with no freedom for me.

R. Be grateful Yvette,after the play I wrote for both of you.

Y. Robert, life's a bitch by any hard drive obituary and for you to take Robert's diary and journal

and turn it into your play is an insult to him even though his memoirs will explode.

R. I will give him the credits.

Y. He was your love object and subject.

R. Yes, but before he was just an actor on the soaps or in some dirty short shorts.

Y. And you never cleaned him up.

R. We both tried to heal him from his habitual drugs dependency.

Y. He hit bottom even as your bond to him became bondage.

R. He was more than any character.

Y. Larry had character, larger than the live posters in the theater districts of the world.

R. Where did it get him, a child actor in an early grave but at least he gave you your child

you always craved.

Y. Because you wouldn't get me pregnant.

R. It was not the time.

Y. You only had time for Larry.

R. You should talk.

Y. I  tried to leave Rory with your yente mother in Brooklyn but she refused so Rory is with

my mother and father in Provence drinking at cafe Lamartine.

R. At least he is alive after your biopic pregnancy.

L. Which you filmed for your special biopic television series of the month.

R. Now Rory is famous as well.

L. And you are infamous. You made Larry a household celebrity. But when the crowds cheer

your your Paris Play tonight, Robert we will remember Larry.

Y. Robert, I do love you, even though you are an egomaniac.

R. Thanks.

The bell rings. I think the actor who plays you and me are here.

Gerald ,Belinda, Hank, enter arrive.

Y. Here Robert give them the program.Your identical twin Gerald plays you and my half sister

Belinda plays me and Hank a graduate student of the Columbia and the Sorbonne plays an

unforgettable awesome Larry.

Gerald ,Belinda and Hank enter.

R. Hi folks. Here is a drink and another script of the play for a quick reading.  How are you ?

B. We have jet lag but we have memorized the play on the way over.

H. I am Hank and play Larry.

G. You remind me of him. Where did you find this awesome hunk!

H. Robert picked me up in a bar. Yet it's an honor to play such a real life character.

G. It is brilliant, but how you knew and understood my brother Larry.

B. It's as if he were here now with his body and soul as yours and you are his mirror.

Y. I am still in his body and soul and I have the proof in his man child.

R. My own mirror is broken except for this play within a play.

Robert goes to the mirror and smashes it.

The end.









No comments:

Post a Comment