Saturday, January 9, 2016

SEA TURTLE RESCUE

Here on the Cape Cod
feeling close to a sea turtle
wanting to transplant it
as a challenge to make her
or him safe on bowing waves
running roughshod
on different bubbled buoys
without any chaotic angle
of an ocean's mimicry
with an unobstructed view
going counter clock wise
challenged in my swim suit
to reach a dock barge
doing my rescue of a sand turtle,
knowing the turtle is untangled
surfacing a hundred miles
near my damaged anchored kayak
from a wintry series of storms,
suddenly seeing a baby whale
a humpbacked entangled one
on a back up fishing line
near Woods Hole sanctuary
in a mud fight of survival
knowing young scientists
are doing their good deeds
making my day a memory
in my diary of a helpful arrival
as a poet- journalist
with data of a trade off
vetted to a barrage of questions
to enlist and watch the turtle escape
to the smiles of the sunny sea
once curled in netted wrists.





No comments:

Post a Comment