Wednesday, January 13, 2016

SPECULATION

Feeling for a boulder's crag
from flakes of a morning
of a scary blind man's bluff
up from the snow country
on the White Mountains
of a cross country's ski resort
on Vermont's sporting lodge
grappling with an exam
and to share my words
for a January poem slam
wanting a passionate time
from old  touch football skins
in wintry games to win
by waiting for hide and seek
in a speculation of making
my bare mark of my initials
on a named tree of life
wriggling and sliding
by holding onto a branch
on the Green Mountains
in hiking boots
on my way down
escaping fears of an avalanche
looking over my shoulder
turning my concentrating rhythms
into scuff lined patterns
chilled in my yellow jacket
winding down pikes in shadows
as a transformations of numbness
holds me up on my Christmas gloves
yet knowing a small inner voice
offers to light my way
though shadows haunt me
watching clouds reminding me
of one of Dali's paintings
surviving the cold hands
that feed me a thin crisp cracker
covering me by eyelashes
of the  morning first light sun
as humming whispers of chants
opens my heart up
to my solitary plaintive songs
in soft melodies blushing
on a parched thirsty Thursday
starting to pull me along
by snow packed down hills
as a dancing blue bird
reminds a solitary poet
of a thrilling childhood awareness.


No comments:

Post a Comment